Wednesday 16 December 2009

Big news catch up





Mum hasn't had time for blogging lately so thought we would log on today and give you a run down on what has been happening here in Scotland.

I am really enjoying my racing mum says I am a monster now, I just want to scream and pull all the time hehehehehehe.

I had my second race weekend of 28-29 November in the Black Isle near Inverness. It was a very wet muddy weekend and we were all overjoyed to be invited to stay with some new friends (mum and dad were cooked a lovely 3 course dinner) rather than trying to get the caravan to a forest with no facilities. Me and dad did really well and we took first place in the scooter class both days. I got a lovely trophy and a medal for dad and we made lots of new friends.

Weekend of 5-6 September was the British Husky Club race in Elgin. Was a lovely cool, crisp weekend. I took second place in our scooter class both days. Mum was so proud as we were only beaten by the team who won at the last Culbin race. First day we were 4 seconds slower than them second day 40 seconds. the musher Matt is very fit (dad is not hehehe) so mum says we did brilliantly. A lot of people who criticize my breeder as breeding dogs that "don't run" are really sitting up and taking notice of how I am doing! Again we made some more new friends and mum says she is learning a lot by helping other people get their dogs to the start line and stuff.

It has also been decided this year that dad and me will compete in the big famous race at Aviemore in January. There is no single dog scooter class but some of our new friends offered to loan dad a spare rig and one of their dogs as a running partner for me. So last weekend I went to meet my new friend Blue. He was a bit scared of me but we got on well and dad did a 2.7 mile run with us both on the rig. After a short rest everyone ganged up and made mum take us out on the rig for a run :p Mum was terrified heheheeheh and had a few steering issues but I ran my little heart out for her. Blue got tired halfway round so I got a bit angry at him for not keeping up! To mum and dad's amazement Skye did some pulling. Usually if she comes on the scooter with me she makes me do all the work and just runs along behind me. Dad had put her on the scooter alone to follow me and mum so he could make sure mum got round ok. He didn't expect Skye to pull but to everyone's shock she did. Dad was able to keep pace behind me as for the first time ever Skye took the weight of the scooter and when Blue got too tired he took him and Skye came on the rig with me. She didn't pull and let me do all the work on the rig but she did manage to at least keep speed with me till the finish. I was very tired with doing most of the work myself on the second run! Mum and dad were really proud of us both :-) Blue's owners are going to run him a bit to get him fitter before we have our next training session.

This weekend we go to collect my little sister Talia and I also have a show this weekend. Mum and dad are very excited to be getting my new sister at last!

3 comments:

  1. Woooos! Way cool all of that running! Great job doing what we are supposed to be doing, pulling and running, not obedience like I keep telling Mum.... I hope woo do well at your show, and the new little pup looks so cute!
    -Kira The BeaWootiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, so your mum and dad are very excited to be getting her...

    What do woo think?

    Tank woo fur sharing what all woo've been doing!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: She is a khutie!

    ReplyDelete